On This Stone
A celebration anthem for Children's Choir, Handbells, SATB Choir,
Two Solo Sopranos, Solo Baritone, Flute, 2 Violins, and Organ.
Children: (Pleyel's Hymn)
- On this stone now laid with prayer,
- Let thy church rise strong and fair;
- Ever, Lord, thy name be known,
- Where we lay this cornerstone.
Baritone: (Matthew 16:18)
- Thou art Peter
- And on this Rock I will build my church,
- And the powers of death shall not prevail against it.
Chorus: (Matthew 16:19-20)
- I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven,
- And whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.
Baritone: (Song of Solomon 3:11-12)
- For lo, the winter is past.
- The rain is over and gone.
- The flowers appear on the earth.
- And whatever you free on earth shall be freed in heaven.
- For lo, the winter is past. The time of singing has come.
Solo Sopranos: (Laudate Dominum)
- Praise God in His holiness.
- Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet.
- Praise Him upon the strings and pipe.
Solo Sopranos and Baritone: (Psalm 150)
- Let everything that hath breath
- Praise the Lord.
- On this stone now laid with prayer...etc